Monday, May 16, 2011

Why?

My goal with this blog is to bring you on our journey of growing as a family and show you where God is taking us in his crazy but perfect plans. I thoroughly enjoy reading blogs that a few friends write but never really intended to write my own. What interesting information did I have to share? Then, a few months ago as I was reading a friend's blog about their adoption journey I realized some people may want to hear about our adoption journey. So this is where it will be. Hopefully I will also post lots of photos too since they're much more exciting than what I have to say.

It will take awhile to get caught up to where we are now so I'll start by rewinding to March 2010 when we first started thinking about foster care. How many of you grew up in a safe home where your parent or parents were stable enough to hold a job, prepare your meals for you, and support your growth into who you are now? Did you know that in 1999 there were  581,000 kids in the United States alone whose families could not do that? I didn't realize what a great need there was for foster families until I began working my current job which includes a foster care program.

Daniel and I started thinking that although we're FAR from perfect, we are pretty stable people and have been blessed with a house far larger than we need for two people and a dog. It seemed like we may have something to offer, if nothing else than stability. So on March 10th we started the cumbersome process of becoming certified foster parents. Within 2 weeks God began to work by having my boss at work approach myself and some other nurses to ask if any of us knew ANYONE who would be interested in being foster parents to a diabetic baby as she really needed a home. Never had my boss ever said anything like this before. I knew I had to speak up.

That's where I'll leave you for now, hopefully you'll come back to hear more of the story in a few days.

1 comment: