Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Savor Every Moment

Sorry about the strange photo layout, I couldn't get the photos where I wanted them!


How is it possible that our little boy is already a month and a half old? I'm trying to focus on the present and enjoy this time but it's just flying by so quickly! Part of me feels like his birth was an eternity ago but part of me feels like yesterday was the day I started maternity leave. Honestly I'm a bit sad that the pregnancy is over, I didn't expect that, but I am happy to have two cute kids in the home and am learning how to be a better Mom every day!
I guess it's time to retire this shirt : (

Anellah is starting to enjoy her "big sister" role more as opposed to wanting to be a baby too. It's hard to remember to let her "help" with caring for Capper but when she gets the opportunity it makes her really happy. We likes to rock his carseat, give him hugs and kisses, and give him his pacifier. I've even made a few bottles and let her help feed him. That's a special treat!
Helping to feed!


She loves playing with baby brother
Although she likes Capper a lot evidently she told one of the teachers at her preschool that the baby just says "Waa, waa, waa" (crying) all the time! Capper does seem to cry a lot but he's also cooing and experimenting with other noises. The past few days he's been smiling back at us when we smile at him which is amazing!
A tiny smile, really he can do better!


Anellah's birthday is coming up QUICKLY (March 11th). Turning three will be another transition for us- her Regional Center services will stop meaning she will no longer see the physical therapist that she's been spending an hour/week with for the past year and a half. She will also stop receiving speech therapy weekly. We are meeting with the school district on Monday and hopefully they will see the definite need for physical therapy but I'm not entirely optimistic that they will be willing to offer anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment