Monday, July 2, 2012

Time to Pack Our Bags

It's time to get a move on! I need to pack our bags because we're going on vacation! We hadn't really done any preparing because I didn't want to waste time doing something that would just need to be undone.

I had resigned myself to being completely content not going on this trip despite knowing that it meant Anellah's body was succumbing to her liver disease and that it would be disappointing not to see family. But that's what is great about God, He is able to give peace in the midst of huge unknowns. I started feeling a little anxious today because I just wanted to know one way or another what was going on in Anellah's body, if she'd even have the procedure, and if we were going to go to Washington. So when Daniel texted, "Praise God! Pack your bags! We'll be home today! No evidence in her esophagus, they saw a little portal hypertension in her stomach though but nothing that needs any intervention." I was shocked. I almost jumped up and down (and might have if I wasn't sitting on the floor holding Isaac and Capper). I could tell he was surprised and excited too because he rarely uses punctuation in texts.

Another answered prayer is that I was able to convince the surgeon ahead of time to allow us to use the pediatric blood lab again which is SO MUCH better for Anellah than the adult lab where they poke her at least twice but usually more.

So now I must run, I have bags to pack, a couple loads of laundry to wash, a car to get ready for a long road trip, road trip activity bags to assemble, and celebrating to do!!!! Please join in thanking God for answered prayers and good news!

Waiting in pre-op, "I want breakfast PLEASE!!"



1 comment: