Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Getting Closer

Packing is like parenting, you spend all day doing so much and at the end of the day there's so much left to do! Does anyone else feel like your possessions multiple when you're trying to pack them? Somehow that small closet is like Mary Poppin's purse, you're so close to having it empty for so long it seems it will never be complete. Let's not mention the kids' bedroom!!

A common answer around here is, "I packed them." For example, "Mommy, where are the colored pencils?" "I packed them." "Mommy, where is my purple hairbow?" "I packed it." "Mommy, where are my snow boots?" "I packed them." Who thinks of snow boots when the daytime high hasn't been below 80 degrees in weeks??? I think it's just a game to see how many things they can think of that I may have packed already. Even leaving their favorite toys to pack until last, I've been busted quite a few times packing something that they "really really really wanted to play with today!" 

So I am plugging away, getting a few things in a box while the baby naps and the big kids are busy with the toys I haven't packed or watching a show on Netflix. And hoping the house will be ready to pass temporary occupancy inspection in time...

Two months before we moved from Oakland I posted this photo. I think it's time for another!

In case you can't read it:

  • Birth of Baby -60
  • Finish New House 2 days
  • Move to New House 3 days
  • Start Kindergarten 7 days
  • Start AWANA 8 days
  • Return to work from maternity leave 12 days
  • Avoid Big Changes For... 365 days





As the kids say, "it's actually turning in to a real house!" Thanks to the timeline crunch, there's almost been more progress made on the house this week than in the entire past year! Instead of just feeling stressful, the season is getting exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment