Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chickens!


Here's a blog about something that moved QUICKLY rather than the snail's-pace adoption process. One day I decided I wanted chickens, partially for Anellah's sake since we visited a preschool that had chickens and she was excited about them, and partially because I was looking for an excuse to have chickens. Within a week I'd purchased 2 chickens, a coop, and the rest of the supplies we needed. I had to drive about 45 minutes away to pick up the coop which didn't really fit in the back of the truck. It was quite a sight to see driving down the freeway I'm sure. Especially since the chickens were in the coop the whole time!
That's me!

 Of course, the coop was too big to get in the back yard so Daniel had to disassemble it and reassemble it but he gave it a better design anyway. It took a couple of days for the chickens to get adjusted but we've been getting eggs every day now for a few days. It's so exciting! Anellah loves to watch the chickens and Buddy is even learning not to chase them (surprising). They thoroughly enjoy roaming around our yard eating bugs and little plants, it makes me happy to see them so happy. In the evening they go right back to their coop and all we have to do is close the door.









As for the adoption- Anellah's Mom is starting the first step of relinquishing her rights today. I'm not sure why the process wasn't started months ago as I thought that was the plan. Regardless, please be in prayer for her because it would be a painful process for anyone and I think she's struggling with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment