Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Weekend

No real adoption updates today except that at court the judge said this issue seems to be dragging on and everyone agreed! The next court date will be July 13th at which time I just expect the attorneys to request another extension and nothing will really change.

This post is really about our fun weekend we had celebrating living in this wonderful and free country! It's so easy to look at what poor condition the United States is in but on days like the 4th of July I am always proud of America and feel like there is truly HOPE.

We spent the weekend playing in the kiddie pool, eating BBQ and watermelon, and watching fireworks. Last night we (Daniel and I with our friends Chris and Chelsea) even climbed up on the roof to watch a fireworks show which completely surrounded us!


Evidently Alameda has the 2nd longest 4th of July Parade in the country. We only stayed for about half!

12 Weeks
Oh and I haven't mentioned in the blog yet that I'm pregnant. I suppose I shouldn't include that information immediately following the statement about being on the roof, but oh well! Things are going great, I'm 13 weeks and haven't had many of the miserable pregnant ailments that most people experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment