Monday, October 24, 2011

Excited for Surgery?

I never thought I would be excited for my child to have surgery. But I AM excited because there is only a LITTLE chance that surgery would be changed/cancelled/postponed at this point.

We are very much indebted to a family member who was able to get us in touch with our Congresswoman's office today. A representative from her office immediately contacted Children's Hospital and it's just amazing how everything else was able to work itself out!

The "correct" court consent was pushed through the courts and should be on file at Children's. I brought Anellah to have her thyroid levels re-drawn today and they had moved from "critical" to "high."

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. They have surely made a difference as things have come together today.

I was also anxious about taking time off work if the surgery was changed because my PTO was slowly being eaten away by all of this surgery preparation. Today my OB put me on disability so knowing I won't need to return to work until AFTER the baby is born is also a huge relief.

2 comments:

  1. So glad everything came together yesterday! Praying for the surgery to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a huge relief that you'll be home with your babies for a while. Thank you LORD for working everything out!

    ReplyDelete