Monday, October 10, 2011

Next Steps

We don't have any updates so far on Anellah's surgery. Her endocrinologist wants to talk to the surgeon but they've been playing phone tag. The good news is that due to this whole fiasco, my mother in law has decided to come visit/help out TWICE! I'm super excited about that.

I'm still working on figuring out preschool. I'm learning that it is much more difficult than one would think. Unfortunately despite a lot of laws being present to protect people with disabilities (and diabetes is considered a disability) different organizations can squeeze around them and come to the conclusion that providing for this particular child is not necessarily their responsibility. I thought we had a solution to preschool (that the Head Start program had figured out a way to make things work so that Anellah could attend) but today, after a few phone calls, I am kind of back to square one. The good news- I sat down to do some praying, listening, and thinking, this afternoon with my Bible, my journal, and a cup of tea. I had an idea that I think just might work to get funding for some extra help to enable Anellah to attend preschool! Praying that it was a God-provided epiphany. :)

Regarding adoption- we have more good news and a timeline!! The first court date is set for February 1, 2012. This is just one step in a series so the soonest things would be completed would be six months after that date. August 2012 may been like a long time to wait but we're actually happy to have more time that Anellah is in foster care so we can utilize that to get her into big-kid Head Start for the 2012-2013 school year (pending the above issue getting resolved).

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. So much going on... still praying with you through all the hurdles... wish I could sit down with you over a cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete