Sunday, January 29, 2012

On the 12th Day of Life...

It's been almost two weeks already! I can't believe it! We are FAR from having any sort of regular schedule but I think that has as much to do with having company for the past three weeks as having a new baby. My Mom flew down on January 8th to help out with Anellah in case the baby came early, we spent the week going on lots of walks and enjoying the last few days before our family of three grew to four. A week later my Dad flew down. Evidently Capper just wanted to wait until Grandpa arrived because I had started having contractions the night before he came.

As you know, Capper was born on January 17th. We spent one night in the hospital and asked to leave the next day, they let us go because we were both healthy. It's funny because as we were leaving the hospital our friends were driving there to have THEIR baby girl who was born on the 19th.

My parents stayed until the 22nd, then we had two days without Grandparents then we were joined by the OTHER Grandparents! Daniel's parents arrived on the 25th, his Dad left this morning but his Mom will be here until February 1st. We have been so blessed to have our family join us, I haven't had to cook in WEEKS and Anellah has gotten special attention. I think having the Grandparents here has made the transition easier for her although jealousy has started to set in a bit.

Since coming home from the hospital we've been enjoying spending time with Grandparents and getting to know Capper. We still have a lot to learn about each other but I am loving every moment. Being parents of two has solidified the stage of life we are in. It has changed our perspective on what's important, and it has convinced me that without this little bundle of joy our lives would never have been complete!
Big Sister Loves to Help!

One Week Old

Special Singing Time with Grandma A

Holding Baby Brother

Farmers Market

Grandma A Made Matching Hats!

Our First Sunday As a Family of Four- We've run out of laps to sit on!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your first couple weeks are going so well. It's such a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and a glimpse of life for your family right now. I know this is such a precious time; I'm glad you have so much help and are able to enjoy every minute. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics!
    Beautiful family!!
    Thanks for sharing Lindsey!!!
    (you look great!)
    Congrats and God bless you all!!!!!
    Hugs from Sandy & Gary

    ReplyDelete