Monday, May 7, 2012

Live Every Moment

With young kids I feel like I spend my time one of three ways; ignoring them so I can get things done, entertaining them to make time pass, or cherishing the time we have together and really trying to make everything into a teaching moment. I suppose parenting is all about finding a balance between these three things but I really want to do more of option number three. Often I find myself just watching the clock half-heartedly playing with Anellah and counting down the minutes until bedtime when I can do what I want to do for an hour before we head to bed ourselves. This next week we're going to be spending a lot more time together since her daycare provider is going on vacation so my prayer is that I will use this time, cherish this time, and enjoy this time in the midst of everything else going on that I call "life."

1 comment:

  1. That is wise insight I believe many parents don't realize until it's late in the game. Keep striving for that balance - you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete