Sunday, May 13, 2012

To The Hospital We Go...Again

I guess it's kind of a rare treat, how many people get to pack a hospital bag 3 times in a 7 month period? October was Anellah's cranial surgery, January was Capper's birth, and May is Anellah's liver biopsy. If everything goes smoothly she will be admitted tomorrow and discharged on Wednesday. We're definitely banking on things going smoothly!! It's harder to pack this time because I know I won't be staying too. Daniel will be with Anellah while I stay home with Capper since he can't spend the night. It's definitely a lesson in trust for me since I tend to handle most things in the medical realm for our family but Daniel is 100% competent and will do a great job. He's also amazing at teaching Anellah things and getting her to buy into something really lame being "fun" so it's probably better that he's the one who will be there! For all I know he may teach her to read during those 3 otherwise boring days. Something really neat is that Anellah will be at UCSF Parnassus on the 6th floor which is where she was living prior to her coming home to us. The nurses are going to be THRILLED to see her since she's pretty much a celebrity to them. Please pray that the procedure will be complication free, that Daniel and Anellah will get some rest while in the hospital, and that the doctors will discover her liver is much more healthy than they had originally thought.


Of course this post wouldn't be complete without acknowledging Mothers Day. I feel so blessed to have two joyful kids in my life. Capper is such a sweet baby full of smiles. He has started rolling over once in awhile and is daily learning how to manipulate his environment like grabbing at toys. Anellah is a handful, but a joyful one! Yesterday we spent the day at the park and then having a special Mommy Date with both of Anellah's Mommies. Anellah, Shahada, and I all enjoyed pedicures. Anellah was thrilled to be able to have blue toenails and green fingernails which matched her face which she had painted with facepaint herself earlier in the day.

After a long day I lugged two tired kids to the grocery store and when getting in the car I gave Anellah a piece of gum for being such a good girl and keeping her undies dry. She asked if I wanted some and I said no thank you. But she insisted, she tore her piece in half and gave me half. It made me smile all the way through my body, what a sweet and selfless little kiddo. It melted my heart.

















Thank you, Lord, for these littles and please help me to remember when I'm impatient that they won't be this way for long!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day... we'll be praying for good news for Anellah.

    ReplyDelete