Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Week of School

I'm pretty sure most parents of kids in preschool/school were wondering where their babies went. I was, but also I was wondering what my baby girl was like. No I'm not complaining that we don't know much about her first 15 months of life, I'm lamenting that I have very few memories of the little one who came to live with us over two years ago. I remember snap shots but so much is hazy. I listen to Capper grumbling away and think, "Wow, for the first year Anellah lived with us she pretty much didn't talk." It's hard to imagine her not talking at this point. I see photos like these and remember how much of a BABY she really was.




Now she's my big girl, or, as she refers to herself, my "little lady." This week she started a new school year. The beginning of the year had bumps and hiccups along the way as everything always seems to with her but I think they're worked out now.
"Doing work" after her first day of preschool.
Yes, her shirt is on backwards, she dressed herself.
And as far as the real baby of the house, he's growing like crazy too! Again, it's hard to imagine him just 7 1/2 months ago as a tiny little infant who just ate, slept, and made dirty diapers 24 hours/day. Now he has a STRONG personality (he knows what he wants and he better get it or your ears will be sorry). He nurses less and when eating solids feeds himself independently (not without a mess of course). And he can sit up like a strong little man. He still hasn't worked on crawling, and fortunately we don't have any teeth showing yet (though every once in awhile I think they try to make an appearance and then go back into hiding). His night time sleeping is getting longer and longer which is very encouraging and relieving!


 And as far as today is concerned, I've called for a "cozy day." I am pretty happy that the weather is even overcast! We're all in pajamas or cozy clothes and I think we may not even leave the house.

Anellah in her PJ's with her beloved clown nose!
On Friday we are leaving to go to Washington, DC. We'll be staying with my Aunt and Uncle who have two girls Anellah and Capper's ages. We've been honored to be chosen by Congresswoman Barbara Lee's office as this year's Angel in Adoption so we will be attending parts of that conference. Who knows, maybe we'll meet someone famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment