Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life Right Now

Do you remember when going to the grocery store was actually FUN?? I remember my Mom asking me, "do you want to come?" and thinking, "Why yes I do!" Well last night Anellah and I went shopping, not the "fun" kind, just the grocery kind. We left sleeping Capper and football-watching Daddy at home to make a grocery run in the evening (something I rarely do) and we had so much fun! The first cart I picked had locked wheels so although I tested it for about 2 feet, evidently the wheels don't lock for 3 feet so I loaded Anellah up and pushed with full force only to JOLT to a stop. Anellah thought it was great and said, "Again!?!?" So we played with the lock-wheeled grocery cart for a minute and both cracked up awhile before switching over to another. The rest of the trip was just the usual, but we enjoyed it by being silly. Anellah loved putting things that I handed her into the basket part of the cart and talking to all the other customers. So strange but I came home feeling happy and refreshed after something as silly as running an errand!

That's how life has been the last couple weeks. A month ago it seemed like everything was more difficult than it should have been. Every phone call I made resulted in lots of time on hold and/or more phone calls. Work was extra busy and my coworker was out sick. Every line I chose anywhere I went seemed to be the slow one. Every medication I ordered for Anellah seemed to need a refill or had another issue. Everything relating to school starting seemed to be ridiculously complicated. Both kids had colds. The list went on and on. But then we went on vacation (somewhat begrudgingly I must say since I really didn't want to put forth the work of packing and traveling) and had a great time. We came home and I had a couple days off work before returning. I ran errands and they went SMOOTHLY. I made food and it tasted GOOD. I went to bed at night and didn't have to wake up with the kids more than once or twice. Right now I'm just relishing in that. I'm enjoying life, I'm enjoying our family. I'm enjoying the fact that I work part time. Honestly, if I weren't me I think I'd be a bit jealous of myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment