Saturday, March 21, 2015

The gift of hearing

Ice cream after her eye appointment and before her ear appointment
Anellah was fitted with her hearing aids this week. I had had quite a few reservations about getting them since it was one more thing. Another piece of equipment to care for, and change batteries for, and replace when lost, and one more thing to remind others that Anellah has special needs. But, like most things, once we finally took the step, her improvement was amazing! I wish I had taken a video as her face lit up when she heard soft sounds clearly for the first time. She started singing to herself and said, "I'm listening to my loud voice." The fact that they are purple with glitter and come with stickers to decorate them with is simply the icing on the cake! Here's to hoping she still likes her new ear jewelry after the novelty wears off.

Checking out the colors before putting them on
"Ear braces"

No comments:

Post a Comment