Sunday, March 18, 2012

2 Months



I meant to post this yesterday but it didn't happen, so here it is a day late.

Someone stole my newborn and replaced him with a 13 pound chubby baby! What happened? The past two months I have enjoyed watching this little guy learn about his new world. He is spending more time awake during the day and has started to take things in, I can tell he’s processing. If we smile at him he’ll smile back and even laugh sometimes. I wish I could catch the laugh on video but I never want to interrupt the moment to grab a camera. He spends less time eating now and only wakes up to nurse at night twice (on good nights) to four times (not so good nights). The thing I love the most though is holding him after he’s eaten, he tucks up his legs, stretches up his arms, and nuzzles his head into my neck  100% relaxed and content.

I still have almost a month of maternity leave left which I am savoring. When I do return, it will only be 2 days/ week which I am thankful for. It has been a huge blessing to spend time with my kids and, it’s strange to say, get to KNOW them. I feel like I know Anellah better now than I did 6 months ago when I was busy with work, her doctors appointments, her surgery, etc. Life right now is still really busy as I make arrangements for the new preschool,  get caught up with doctors appointments for Anellah which I avoided during the months of  December, January and February, try to finish things before heading back to work, try to keep up with my growing kiddos, etc. but I remind myself every day that it’s a different kind of busy. This is a special time and I will never again have these moments with our kids.   


1 comment:

  1. I really like this post - so very sweet... and what a neat vintage-looking quilt I see under Capper! :)

    ReplyDelete