Wednesday, May 13, 2015


Saturday was unseasonably warm hitting 80 degrees. It was as if God sent the weather he knew Anellah would have loved. The day was spent celebrating a life well lived. It was beautiful and it was perfect. Everyone had a joyful time and, of course, there was plenty of food! I don't even KNOW how many people helped to make the day perfect, I keep finding out about more and more people who contributed. Special thanks to our friends Leslie for planning and Michelle for capturing the memories in photos. We are so blessed.











1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of your recent posts Lindsay and was amazed at your ability to so very descriptively tell us what you’re feeling, but I still can’t even begin to imagine how difficult this must be. My heart is breaking for you and your family. Not that it would make a difference, but I wanted to see you and give you a big hug at the service in Oakland this Friday. Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend because it’s my son’s college graduation that day too. Please know that Dr. Adi, Nicole, Veronica and I are thinking of you and your family daily. I still remember the day you and Daniel came to meet with all of the medical staff that had been involved in Anellah’s care. It was such a dark and dingy room, there must have been 7 of us and only the 2 of you, and I’m sure we seemed so cold. So many people had failed her so we laid out how difficult it would be and were prepared for you to change your mind too. Daniel looked a little nervous, but you were so sure of yourself Lindsey. Latter when I read your blog I understood why. From that day forward every day of Anellah’s life was happier because of the two of you…and then Capper, and then Evelyn. I hope the sympathy and caring that all of us who have happy memories of Anellah will help comfort you now, and that the warmth of your own joyful memories will someday take the place of the sadness you’re feeling now. With Sincere Sympathy, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete