Follow by Email

Thursday, April 23, 2015

A pseudo-plan

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting news about Anellah so I will continue to update as frequently as possible. Through the night it became evident that Anellah is in Acute Liver Failure. The only treatment is an emergency liver transplant. The risk for complications for her particular case are high and although the transplant surgeon is hopeful she will return to her normal level of functioning after the procedure it is not known if she will or not. Right now her brain seems to be doing ok, the key is to try to maintain that function in order to prevent permanent damage. There are a couple issues that need to be resolved to make sure she is even a candidate for liver transplantation. If we choose to pursue that route and she is placed on the list, she will likely receive a liver within a week. This would be followed by over a month in the hospital and a year of frequent appointments and tests along with life-long monitoring.
Currently she is resting in bed. She is not responsive and has a ventilator to help her breathe. She does not seem uncomfortable right now.
I will likely stay here one more night as the next 24 hours will involve a lot more tests, treatments, and decisions. Then I plan to head home so that the rest of us (Daniel, Capper, Evelyn, and I) can spend the weekend together.


  1. Royal Family,
    So sorry for all you are going through. I hope it is ok with you that I subscribed to your blog. Praying for healing for Anellah.
    ~Jen Richter

  2. Continuing to pray for you and your precious Angel-Anellah.
    Will pray for God's healing hands to touch her.
    Love and hugs to all -